Saturday 15 November 2008

How to teach!

So the latest idea, according to the Saturday Papers, is that students as young as 5............. yes FIVE................. the age between 4 and 6............... are to tell teachers what to do and how to teach! What the hell is the world coming to?

Then again................... maybe it's not such a bad thing........................ I am sure that with a little bit of persuasion I can convince my charges to suggest that I teach all my lessons from a different environment, possibly Marich Pass and that we fly out on Monday morning straight after registration. The only slight problem would be executing the change over between lessons one hour later. However, maybe the students can tell us how to do that?

Next bright idea.............


I'm sorry..................... it's hard to stop ranting and raving when you're a Grumpy Old Man....................... but some things really get my goat!

Perhaps I should just stick to what this BLOG was supposed to be about.

.................... then again............... the Kenya Field Trip is all about education and trying to influence young lives, making them think, getting them to ask questions, seeing things first hand and the experiences that they will have. This also includes seeing schools, education and teaching in Kenya where old values still apply and children still value education.

No comments: